DIET JUSTICE HAS MOVED, YOU WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE NEW SITE SHORTLY

If you don't get forwarded, click here

Afternoon Quickie: Age discrimination on the way out, or is it?

(Source)
 I took a trip to the dentist this morning and was told that the treatment i needed would be costing £204. Fair enough i suppose.

What is not fair enough is the rules on who can get free dental treatment. I am a full time student, and 25 years old. Were i under 19, and a full time student, i would get it for free.

The financial burdens of full time education are the same for me, as they are for my under 19 year old class mates. In fact, i suggest that most mature students have even more of a financial burden than under 19's. Why do they get free prescriptions, dental care etc for free, when i have to pay a fortune for it?

As if the Supreme Court were reading my mind they made a judgement today that is relevant. The facts of the case do not match my situation, but i think it sets a precident for future challange to legislative discrimination.

This is just a quick blog post about it, i will write something in a bit more detail tomorrow...in the meanwhile, what do you think? Is this rule right? is this rule wrong? Should it change? and how should it change?

I would love to hear your views,