DIET JUSTICE HAS MOVED, YOU WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE NEW SITE SHORTLY

If you don't get forwarded, click here

Update on my most recent NHS woe

THE NHS
and we thought after MRSA it couldn't get any worse
I recently wrote two articles about changes at my local NHS trust. The first one was outlining the great successes of a particular ward, and my concerns over proposed changes. The second one was written in sheer frustration at the lack of response to an email i sent detailing my concerns.

It appears that the NHS are institutionally inept at communication. This we know. However once you get to see one of the managers they are very pleasant, competent and well meaning. The person who came to see me, on the ward, seemed to genuinely care about improving quality of service and took a long time to explain what the changes would consist of and what effect she intended them to have.

The information i received from the ward staff was more a summary of staff concerns, rather than a full explanation. I can understand why staff might feel vulnerable while facing the prospect of change, and undervalued at apparently not being given a chance to be part of the decision making process. I can't blame them for their worries.

Anyway, the result of that meeting has brought me on board with the changes, although i will reserve judgement on their effectiveness until the changes have actually been made. Many a good and well intentioned idea has crashed and burned. I hope that this is not the case, but will be ready to pipe up if i see the iceberg on the horizon.