Enjoy blogging for your personal reasons, and the readers will come. Enjoy watching statistics rise, but be cautious about them. If you have a blogger account, totally ignore the number of 'followers' as the law blog community doesn't really pay much attention to that.
The best way to get feedback is by actually speaking to people. I can count on two hands the number of times i have been complimented on my blog, and those few times make it totally worth while!
Here are my top tips
- Build relationships with similar bloggers and take part in blog roll exchanges and discussions with them
- Be active on twitter, publish your blog posts, and interact with your readers when they give you feedback
- Be prepared for people to disagree with you. The discussion that comes out of disagreement can double your readership if you keep your cool.
- Don't stop blogging because your not getting the attention you want. Readers tend to look at your blogging frequency, and if you aren't blogging enough they may just move on to the next blog
- Join in with other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and MySpace. Also enjoy experimenting with directories and metric websites to help you discover your strengths and weaknesses.
- Do what you love, and your readers will love what you do!