DIET JUSTICE HAS MOVED, YOU WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE NEW SITE SHORTLY

If you don't get forwarded, click here

Must Read: Law & Disorder by Tim Kevan

I am a big fan of audiobooks. I can't sleep without having the radio on, or an audiobook playing, much to the frustration of my girlfriend. Its also my primary way of keeping sane while i am in hospital. I can drown out the sounds of people being sick, machines beeping, and inane conversation between the other patients. What's more, with my ear phones in, i have an excuse to ignore the other patients, which will inevitably try to engage me in conversation. Audiobooks are a lifesaver.

I was browsing audible.co.uk yesterday, and came across Law & Disorder, by Tim Kevan, a fictional account of a pupil barrister. I was a bit sceptical...i expected it to be an amateur attempt at putting a comedy twist on a usually very dry topic. I was wrong, and pleasantly was surprised!

The author begins by introducing the reader/listener to the cast. None of the cast are addressed by name, but are given a name that described their role or personality. For example; Head of Chambers, Baby Barrister, High Maintenance and Worrier.

The characters are developed throughout the book, and get themselves into various degrees of mischief and trouble. Its a really easy listen/read, and i suspect it gives a pretty good insight into the challenges a pupil barrister will face.


  • Audiobook can be downloaded here at £13.49 for just over 9 hours of listening
  • The book can be Amazon'ed here at £5.25

Newsflash : Newsflash  

Tim Kevan is publishing a new book in May 2011!  
Law & Peace is the story of what happens after the battle for tenancy, and can be pre-ordered on Amazon here




Other interesting links

Babybarista Blog - Wordpress version
BabyBarista Blog - Guardian version